From the Barbary Coast of North Africa, this Tunisia Baklouti pepper is rare and unique to this region.
Made by combining one pound of organic extra virgin olive oil with 1.6 pounds of fresh whole green Baklouti chilies.
These two ingredients are then crushed and mixed together which fuses the fresh green chili pepper with the organic extra virgin olive oil.
Gives all dishes a surprising new flavor that you will love!
Enjoy using it to sauté vegetables or seafood. Marinade meats or mix into a Bloody Mary!
Balsamic Pairings: Traditional, Black Mission Fig, Espresso, Pineapple white, Jalapeno white and Sicilian Lemon white.
Savory Vodka Pasta
1 pound pasta shells
1 1/2 jars (36 oz.) of vodka pasta sauce
1 pound ground turkey
1 pound ground sausage
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
10.5 oz. fresh goat cheese
1 tbsp. of fresh thyme
Seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic to taste
Your choice of olive oil, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar and Hawaiian Red Sea Salt
1.In a large pot salt the water and boil the pasta shells until ready.
Add a touch of oil to the noodles to keep them from sticking together.
2. While noodles are boiling, In a large pan cook the sausage and turkey until brown.
3.Drain excess fat.
4.Turn heat of pan to medium low and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
5.Add in the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in the vodka sauce, cooked/drained pasta shells and in chunks add the goat cheese.
7. Mix together and add the Thyme.
8. Drizzle in your choice of olive oil like baklouti green chili, cayenne, wild mushroom and sage, garlic, basil or herbs de provence!
9. Plate and season with a sprinkle of Hawaiian red sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and a drizzle of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar.