A combination of fresh herbaceous sage paired with an array of savory wild mushrooms.
Drizzle over cream based soups, rice, pizza, pasta, and in stuffing’s.
Pair with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic for a scrumptious bread dip!
The result from using this oil is a savory experience!
Balsamic Pairings: Traditional, Tangerine, Black Mission Fig, Peach white, Sicilian Lemon white and Lemongrass Mint white.
Creamy Yellow Rice & Pork
2 cups cooked yellow rice
1 ½ cooked, thick shredded pork
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
½ cup red wine
¼ cup water
1 tbsp. hot sauce
Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
Seasonings: salt, pepper and garlic
Bring stove top heat to medium.
In a large pan drizzle the Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil.
Add the onion and green pepper and season with salt.
Cook for a few minutes.
Add in the shredded pork along with 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
Reduce the heat to medium low and add in the cooked rice.
Slowly pour in the red wine and water and mix together.
Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Stir together. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
Simmer on low until the rice and pork are nicely combined.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle with your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Lentil and Eggplant Stew
¼ cup mushroom and sage olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 medium onion, finely chopped
¼ cup celery, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
3 cups of lentils, rinsed
1 can (14.5oz.) chopped tomatoes
2 quarts vegetable stock
2 medium eggplants
2 tbsp. Harissa Olive Oil
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the broiler.
In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp. of mushroom and sage olive oil.
Add the onion, celery, garlic and bay leaf and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook until the lentils are tender but still hold shape (around 45 minutes)
Meanwhile, set the eggplants on a foil-lined baking sheet and rub with 2 tbsp. of mushroom and sage olive oil. Broil 6 inches from the heat. Turn occasionally until completely blackened and tender. (About 20 minutes) Let cool.
Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a colander set over a bowl: Discard the skins. Let the eggplant drain for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and mash until smooth.
Stir the Harissa olive oil and half of the eggplant into the lentil until warmed through. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the stew into bowls; top with the remaining eggplant.
Garnish with yogurt, chopped walnuts, parsley, mint leaves, pomegranates and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Rosemary Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons wild mushroom and sage olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, about 18
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup white wine,
- 2 cups heavy cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly and pat them dry. Thinly slice them about ¼” thick. Preheat a 9″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add the wild mushroom and sage olive oil and the sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms until browned and just tender, be sure not to stir them too often because they won’t brown properly if they’re constantly stirred.
- When the mushrooms are done, add the rosemary and the white wine. Simmer until the wine is reduced by half, and then add the heavy cream. Bring the sauce to a boil being careful not to let it boil over. Then lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season the sauce to taste with sea salt and pepper, serve as desired to seriously grateful guests!