Fresh, green and herbal.
Basil and olive oil are two essential ingredients in Mediterranean cooking.
Try it on a summer salad or caprice with strawberry balsamic vinegar.
Balsamic Pairings: Traditional, Black Mission Fig, Strawberry, Sicilian Lemon white, Lemongrass Mint white.
Fresh Fruit Salad
1 pint Blueberries
1 pint Raspberries
2 pints Strawberries
1 zest of an Orange
1 tbs. Basil Olive Oil
2 ½ tbs. Lemon Grass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar
½ cup Acacia Honey (Savannah Bee Company)
Combine blueberries, strawberries and raspberries in a medium bowl.
Whisk together the acacia honey, basil olive oil and lemongrass mint white balsamic vinegar into a smaller bowl.
Pour over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Before serving add fresh orange zest to the salad. Enjoy!
Chicken Walnut Salad with Fruit
- 2½ cups lightly packed spinach or spring mix greens
- ½ cup grilled chicken breast, cubed
- ½ cup apple, cubed
- ½ cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ½ shallot, minced
- 4 tbsp. Gravenstein apple white balsamic
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple sauce
- ¼ c. basil olive oil
- pinch salt + pepper
- Add greens to a large dinner plate or salad bowl. Top with the chicken, apple, grapes, celery, red onion and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients whisking vigorously until emulsified. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.