Citrus Blackened Mahi Mahi with Southern Grits
Mahi Mahi Marinade:
- 3 tbsp. Olive Amelia Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Cara-Cara Orange & Vanilla White Balsamic Vinegar - Olive Amelia
- 1/4 cup SALT Sisters Caribbean Jerk Rub & Seasoning
- Pinch of Pepper
- 8 Mahi Mahi fillets
Place the Mahi Mahi in a large bowl.
Pour the marinade over the fish and coat evenly.
Cover and place into the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour
- Pre Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-low heat.
- Cover the entire pan with a light layer of the Olive Amelia Blood Orange Olive Oil and your choice of avocado oil or coconut oil.
- Once the oil is heated, place the fish into the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until a crust has formed on the outside and the fish is cooked throughout.
- Move the fish to a towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
Southern Grits Ingredients:
- 1 cup Stone Ground Grits
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp. Olive Amelia Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. SALT Sisters Caribbean Jerk Rub & Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Grateful Hill Farm Orange Blossom Special Goat Cheese
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once at a boil, bring the heat to low and continue to stir often.
Cook for 15 - 18 minutes.
Remove from heat, once the grits have a nice thick consistency.
Add in the Grateful Hill Farm Orange Blossom Special Goat Cheese and stir until combined.
Plate the fish and grits and enjoy this delicious southern meal with a twist!